1. finding a copy of this lovely book by Monty and Sara Don in the library. A real treat to read over the weekend.
2. Feeling very inspired by the River Cottage Preserves DVD - I've made some Lemon Curd...as well as meringues to use up the egg whites leftover after making curd...and to go with some home grown fruit from the freezer.
3. Home-made Lentil & Carrot soup for a warming weekend lunch...following a walk along the river.
4. Gloating over some self-sown seedlings of Rocket in the polytunnel.
5. And a beautiful walk with the dog on Sunday afternoon, enjoying the scenery looking toward Hadrian's Wall.